The final contribution for Hacktoberfest - release 0.2
Published: | Updated:
This is the final issue I made for a project called “Butterfly” by Paypal on Github, mostly written in Java programming language.
You can checkout the issue here and my PR here.
This project is a tool for automated application migrations, upgrade and source code change.
The problem is small but it’s important because one minor mistake can crash a whole program. To be more specific, the ealier regex did not match arguments with numbers or hyphen or underscore as mentioned here.
After I changed the regex to
^[a-zA-Z-_.$][a-zA-Z_$0-9]*$. The program does better with correct input as expected.